We always say the phrase “busy is good”. However, have you ever felt overwhelmed with all the things that need to be done? In today’s busy world, people have become more competitive and proactive. We sometimes forget that we can only get so much done in a day. However, with proper time management, you will be able to accomplish more with lesser effort. Mike, a Ridiculously Helpful Tech Guru with LEAP Managed IT, shares some tips on productivity & efficiency. (You can watch his Facebook Live Tips here)
First off, always remember that time management itself goes around the choices you make. Set specific and attainable goals and work through your way to achieve them. By using the time management technique, you will be able to meet deadlines and still make time for the things that are important to you. Want an App to help you track your activities, check out the App Clockify.me
Time Management Techniques
- Write down the things that you need for the day. You can use a planner, create a checklist in the notes of your phone, or add them in the Reminders. This way you will have a guide.
- Important and Urgent tasks should be done first.
- Proper Stress Management is also important. You can’t function well under high stress levels. When you feel overwhelmed, step out for a while and breathe. Take time to decompress.
- Proper Task Delegation means learning how to delegate things. Trust that your team can do a fantastic job. Give them time to complete the tasks to meet goals.
- Avoid distractions like social media especially at work.
- Single Tasking is focusing on one task rather than multi-tasking. Focus on one task at a time for better quality results.
- Say NO when you do not have the time to do it.
- Setting Priorities is investing time into the right tasks. It will take less effort for everybody, giving more time to accomplish other pending tasks.
Bad Habits=Low Productivity
To improve our ability to getting things done, we should also break bad habits that keep us from being productive. Stop and check where you spent your time and what kept you away from things you wanted to accomplish. Consider turning off notifications for Apps. You will be shocked by how much time you will get back. Try to focus and stay away from the things that distract you, at least during office hours.
For more about Mike’s webinar, visit Leap Managed I.T.s Facebook Page and know more about Time Management. They also have regular Facebook Live about technology, cyber security, emailing tips and a lot more! For IT Support, Managed Print and technology visit leapmanagedit.com