Indianapolis Help Desk Tip Experts: How to Make a Desktop Folder
Indianapolis Help Desk Experts at LEAP Managed IT know that being organized in business is the key to success. From schedules to expense reports, organization is what makes or breaks a business. If your business is not properly organized, you can lose valuable time, paperwork, balance and structure. But, this doesn’t just apply to the physical files on your desk. How often, if at all, do you organize your computer desktop?
According to a 2020 poll conducted by Western Digital, the average American hasn’t cleaned or organized their digital desktops in over two years! On top of that, 62% of recipients [out of 2,000 Americans] say their digital desktops are “very cluttered” across all devices.
Indianapolis Help Desk Experts at LEAP Managed IT are here to help! Here are tips to help make your desktop organized. Start with crating desktop folders.
CTRL + Shift + N
- Navigate to the locations in which you want to have a folder. This can be on your desktop or to create a subfolder. After you have navigated to where you want the folder to be created, press the keys CTRL, Shift and N on your keyboard. This will immediately create a folder.
- The folder created will default to the name “New Folder.” Immediately after the folder is created, you have the ability to just start typing. Type whatever you want to name your folder. If you mess up or want to rename it, right click the folder and click on “Rename.”
- Right Clicking on Blank Spot on Desktop
Again, our Indianapolis Help Desk experts share a few different methods.
- File Menu – Go to your desktop. At the top navigation bar, it has an a assortment of words. Next to the bolded “Finder” is “File.” Click “File” and click “New Folder.”
- An “Untitled Folder” appears on your desktop on a default location. The name of the folder is highlighted, you can start typing the name in which you would like to name the folder. If you mess up or would like to rename the folder, you can Right-Click (if you have a mouse) or click with two fingers on the trackpad. A menu will appear and click the option “Rename.”
- You can then relocate the folder by simply dragging it around your desktop. If you would like it to be a subfolder, you can open the folder you would like it to be in and drag it into the folder.
- Double Click (or Right-Click)
Another Indianapolis Help Desk Mac Tip:
- Command + Shift + N This is the same concept as the Windows keyboard shortcut.
- Navigate to the locations in which you want to have a folder. This can be on your desktop or to create a subfolder.
- After you have navigated to where you want the folder to be created, press the keys Command, Shift and N on your keyboard. This will immediately create a folder.
- The folder created will default to the name “Untitled Folder.” Immediately after the folder is created, you have the ability to just start typing. Type whatever you want to name your folder. If you mess up or want to rename it, right click the folder and click on “Rename.”
Leap Managed IT helps Indianapolis, Carmel, Westfield, Greenwood and Zionsville area businesses with their IT solutions. Our goal is to be your Ridiculously Helpful IT advisor. Like us on Facebook for more tips or call our Indianapolis Help Desk!
Leap offers Paper Shredding Services
One of the most effective ways to protect individuals and organizations from the negative effects of identity theft and fraud is paper shredding. This is the reason why Identity thieves hate paper shredding services. Some frauds tie up to paper information and 1 out of 5 data breaches involve paper records. In line with Leap’s effort to give your organization the best in everything concerning technology, business growth, and continuity, they are now offering paper shredding services.
Why is Paper Shredding Important?
Paper shredding is also known as document destruction. The process is highly critical to keep confidential and sensitive information safe. Marketing plans, bills, and other files with sensitive contents should be discarded accordingly to avoid getting in the hands of those who would want to take advantage and get hold of such information.
It is known that once these paper documents are thrown away in the trash, they will be considered public property. This makes it riskier, most especially for big corporations. Paper shredding is not only important for security and cybersecurity reasons but also federal law. There are currently several states which mandate the safeguarding of all private information for both your employees and clients. Thus, securely shredding all documentation is crucial for the protection of your business. Most especially when this pile of paper is no longer relevant.
One last thing to Consider
Make it a habit and for employees to eliminate huge pile of paper clutter to prevent fire hazards. Having unnecessary paper clutter around office spaces double the chances of risk for not just fire but cybersecurity issues as well.
Making it Easy
Leap Managed IT is encouraging that paper shredding should become a part of your organization’s best practices. With Leap’s paper shredding services, you will never have to worry about the huge stack of papers in the office that needs to be shredded. Leap helps Indianapolis companies along with Carmel, Zionsville Greenwood, Muncie and Ft. Wayne. For more details on Leaps Paper Shredding services, visit www.leapmanagedit.com today!
Year of the Virus
The changes that have taken over our lives for the past year have been challenging. 2020 was the year of the virus, they say. Both biological and digital. Keeping a business or an organization afloat is another. As the Covid- 19 continues to disrupt and threaten businesses, we continue to face these obstacles head-on. We continue to find ways and focus on sales, marketing and services in order to maintain growth and continuity. Along with these changes, comes IT. Due to the pandemic, most employees work from home. Banking, shopping, and almost all activities are done online. This is where Cyber Security Best Practices come in.
Cyber Security is not limited only to those who run businesses. It is not only for organization leaders but for all of us. Those who rely on the internet for work, business, schooling, and everyday activities are all targets for cybercriminals. For businesses, the responsibility of protecting client’s information is vital. In addition, looking out for ourselves, from scams and identity theft is important too.
So, how can a business avoid being a victim of a cyber attack? How can we personally protect our privacy online?
Here are Cyber Security Best Practices that you can use as a guide:
- Use a firewall as your first line of defense. It provides a barrier between your data and cybercriminals. It also prevents unauthorized access to your network. In addition to the standard external firewall, many companies are starting to install internal firewalls to provide another level of protection.
- Educating your employees. Train all employees who are accessing the network about cybersecurity best practices and security policies. Since the policies are evolving as cybercriminals become more resourceful, it is essential to have regular updates on new protocols.
- Enforcing safe password practices. Changing passwords from time to time can be a pain. However, Data Breach Investigations Report found that 63% of data breaches happened due to lost, stolen, or weak passwords. As a responsible business owner, strict password policies should be enforced for protection. Recommend that employees be required to use passwords with upper- and lowercase letters, combined with numbers and symbols. It is also best to require password change at least once every 60 days. Also, explore Two-Factor Authentication options.
Here are more Cyber Security Best Practices
- Take time to backup all data. While it is important to prevent as many attacks as possible, it is still possible to experience breaches regardless of your precaution. Be one step ahead, regularly backup all important data. Make sure that backups are stored in a separate location in case of flood or fire. It is also important to check your backup regularly to ensure that it is functioning correctly.
- Be vigilant for social engineering attacks. Because there is a rise in the volume of social media information, hackers can find ways to reach you through malware via phishing. Be careful about the emails and texts you receive and make sure they are not from those who pretend to be. Avoid opening suspicious files and give zero percent trust when it comes to social engineering threats.
Secure Cyber Management
Owning and running a business or organization, of any size can sometimes be frustrating. Aside from thinking of the sales, we have to realize our responsibility, to our employees and customers. Preventing financial loss, disruption of daily activities, and keeping your reputation is achievable through secure cyber management. This is where Managed IT Service becomes necessary. For more on cybersecurity best practices, remote work assistance, backup, and data security, visit Indianapolis IT Leader leapmanagedit.com today. Feel free to contact us, as we can be ridiculously helpful in all your struggles, IT and beyond.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we want our Indianapolis clients to “LOVE” their technology! Hence, we want to help you be more efficient and do what you do best. Grow your business.
So, how do you fall in love with your technology Indianapolis? First, raise your hand and ask for help! Second, talk to experts at LEAP. That is what we do best.
We believe in tailoring solutions for your technology problems. Understanding technology frustrations and helping your business run smoothly takes effort and specific skill sets. Allow our tech geniuses to asses your environment, understand your pains and develop and IT Master Plan.
Our goal is simple, help business throughout the state of Indiana from Ft. Wayne to Bloomington, Muncie to Greenwood, Zionsville, Carmel and naturally the Indianapolis corridor. With services ranging from Help Desk Support and Hosted Email. Together with VOP and Cyber Security, we are your tech experts.
Find out why business leaders are falling in love with technology Indianapolis! Don’t take our word for it, see what our customers are saying about us, CLICK HERE!
We help Indianapolis businesses feel confident in their technology by helping their take control of IT support and IT service issues. Proud to be Indiana-based serving Indianapolis, Fishers, Carmel, Greenwood and Muncie.
In an effort to continue being Ridiculously Helpful in 2021, we are kicking off our webinar series with a focus on public speaking!
Join LEAP Managed IT and expert Ron Kraus from Toastmasters International, for a discussion on public speaking and perfecting your elevator pitch.
Wednesday, Feb. 10 at 10 a.m.
Learn what you can do to present more confidently, concisely and effectively. In addition, find out how to cultivate your personal, or company, message in a short, concise and impactful pitch. Most importantly, public speaking made easy!
Our featured expert, Ron Kraus is a long time member of Toastmasters along with being the President of the Emergency Nurses Association. In addition, Ron works full time at Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital Indianapolis. He is currently the Clinical Nurse Specialist for the emergency medicine and trauma center. Our expert has worked at Methodist since 1998. Ron is an experienced national speaker and a member of Toastmasters Club of Fishers. Since joining the ENA, Ron has been on the board of directors for the Emergency Nurses Association since 2017. Most importantly, Ron is an expert in helping his community by helping others be the best they can be.
Toastmasters International is a non-profit worldwide organization that provides services for promoting communication, public speaking and leadership.
Click Here to Register
Thus, LEAP Managed IT is thrilled to host this Ridiculously Helpful Webinar focused on Public Speaking and Perfecting your Elevator Pitch. Being the Indianapolis IT Leader, we help businesses grow by creating IT Master Plans and tailored solutions. As a result, you can focus on what you do best and continuously grow your business. So, Contact Us Today!
Helpdesk and Managed Support
One of Leap Managed IT’s strength is the dedication to help with your IT challenges. With superior Helpdesk and Managed Support in Indianapolis, they are here for maintenance, technical problems and beyond. So why is Managed Support important? Try experiencing technical difficulties and having your whole system crash? Ever imagine the panic when you can’t retrieve anything? Well, don’t wait for something unfortunate to happen before realizing the importance.
One of the biggest turn offs we experience in contacting helpdesks and break fix technicians is when, after spending so much time trying to get hold of anybody for help, there is none.
With Leap Managed IT’s Master Plan, IT experts learn about your IT struggles and frustrations. They assess your network, devices and security to make sure that everything is works at its maximum potential to grow with your business.
Managed Support Services is the practice of outsourcing IT Services for your business or organization. It is relying on a third party to anticipate the need, maintaining, improve operations and more.
Why are Managed Support Services Important?
- IT experts give peace of mind- Since we all have limited IT knowledge, Managed Support takes care of your IT. Most especially when there is trouble like slow internet, data backup and recovery and anything that concerns the technical side of business. Through this you can focus on growing your business.
- Master Plan – Leap Managed IT has a Master Plan that is tailored and aligned to the needs of your organization.
- Getting a Proactive Support – Leap Managed IT offers proactive IT Support. The IT team experts identify problem areas before they happen. In addition, you feel comfortable that in an emergency, they are there to solve your problems. Getting you back up and running again is a priority.
- Strategic IT Planning and Support- The IT experts will advise you on what you need in terms of technology and how it can help you run your business. This links to a proactive IT support making sure that the infrastructure and all software are up to date to minimize risks such as downtime, virus attacks and system crashes.
Managed Support Indianapolis
For Managed Support Services in Indianapolis, contact www.leapmanagedit.com. Experience helpdesk and managed support that is far from frustrating. Let the IT experts worry about your IT infrastructure and you concentrate on growing your business. For more about Helpdesk and Managed Support click here and see how Leap Managed IT, managed it all.
Why do you need an IT consultant?
Information Technology or IT plays a vital role in running a business. Organizations rely heavily in technology for communication, manufacturing, and daily business activities. Especially for the past months. For instance, the pandemic, forced us to find alternative ways to continue our business. Ineffective technology affects business in many ways. Read on to find out what technology can do for you. Need IT support in Fort Wayne, Carmel, Fishers, Muncie- LEAP Managed IT can help!
Lacking IT Support delays business from moving forward. Hiring an IT consultant to get dynamic support is important. It is way better than having to wait for a random technician to investigate the issue. A good IT consultant’s role is is to plan, design and install IT systems. Making sure that every aspect of technology is well coordinated with your business. Gone are the days of having to contact a break-fix contractor.
Hiring an IT consultant is like having a partner you can rely on. The role of an IT consultant is to advise you on how to use and maximize technology to meet business objectives accordingly. Therefore, they will find a solution to overcome IT problems by having a thorough plan of action. To prevent future issues, backups are set in place to minimize downtime. Thus, interruption of workflow is avoided. In addition, their goal is to enhance the structure and quality of your IT system. Bringing the best possible results, in the timeliest manner. Looking for IT Support Fort Wayne- let LEAD Managed IT help.
- Data Backup– A quick restoration process to keep business back and running again in case of emergency.
- Managed Network Service– Keeps all your equipment updated and secure. This includes the network, switches, access points, firewalls, hardware, and software.
- Managed Server and Workstations– is by providing a disaster recovery plan, increase security, eliminate server outages, and minimize downtime during server outages.
- Managed Security– protects intellectual property, confidential files and customer’s sensitive information from risk like ransomware.
- Helpdesk and Manage Support– is being there to help solve the problem and get you back up and running again.
- Firewall and VPN– is a system that controls the flow of data in your environment. It also adds another layer of protection at the same time allows employees to work remotely.
Copier and Printer Support
Leap Managed IT offers various services for your printer, copier, scanner and shredding devices. They offer plans to give you the best value for your printing and copier needs. Professional support and maintenance are actively available to prevent issues and printing frustrations.
Grow Your Business with LEAP Managed IT
Find the best IT Support in Fort Wayne and never have to worry about IT with Leap Managed IT’s, IT Master Plan, continue to move forward and grow your business while experts will take care of your IT obstacles. Above all, this will enable you to focus on your business without having to worry about your organization’s network, IT support and equipment.
Happy Holidays from LEAP Managed IT! We are thankful to our team and our clients for another great year! We wish you a wonderful Holiday Season with your families, friends and those you hold most dear. While the Holidays may look a little different for many of us, the spirit of the season remains the same. Get together via zoom and don’t forget to reach out to those who may need a little more holiday cheer. We love hearing stories how human nature prevails in times of hardship. It is that human spirit that helps us get through the toughest of times.
We love serving the Indianapolis community and all the outlying cities from Bloomington to Ft. Wayne and everyone in between. We wish you all the best in 2021 and look forward to being your Ridiculously Helpful partner!
We help business like you feel confident in your technology by going above and beyond to help you take control of your I.T. and printing devices, solve business problems and end technology frustrations. Our goal is to be Ridiculously Helpful to you, no matter the situation. Browse our website and social media for free learning activities and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We are thrilled to serve the central Indiana community. We love seeing our clients across the state from Ft. Wayne to Bloomington, Indianapolis and Muncie along with all the surrounding suburbs. Fishers, Greenwood, Carmel, Zionsville, Westfield, Greenfield, Tipton… we love seeing you too! Happy Holidays!
It’s the holiday season again! A time for family and friends to be joyful and merry. Although this time, celebrations all over the world may be a little different as compared to the past. The essence of gift giving and sharing of blessings remain the same. One best way for purchasing gift items is online. Online shopping has become even more popular even before the pandemic. People have become more careful on going out to malls and department stores to avoid the crowd and stay safe. Let’s share some pointers on how to have a safe shopping online experience.
During this time of the year, hackers and identity thieves are also busy getting their hands-on personal information they can use against you. To take advantage of vulnerabilities and weak spots. This is a good reminder for all of us to be vigilant and be extra careful in doing online transactions, not just shopping.
In each of our efforts in finding ways to make this holiday season meaningful and festive, let us practice vigilance and being extra careful to avoid becoming victims of online crimes.
Let us enjoy the advantages of shopping online such as:
- Convenience of shopping without the crowd and long waiting lines.
- Saves time and effort. Shop at the convenience of your home.
- There is a wide variety of products available and you can compare prices to get the best deal.
- You can get discounts and lower prices most especially for bulk orders.
- Online shopping is a good way to curb impulse buying.
While you enjoy the advantages of shopping online,
Here are tips to remember for a safe online shopping:
- Research the retailer to make sure they are legitimate. There are thousands of shopping sites, with a bit of research, you will be able to spot the fraudulent ones. Check for negative feedbacks and make sure that the seller is reliable.
- What is the return policy? If they do not seem to have one, you should be suspicious. This will help if the item is not delivered or arrives defective. There is also a large online market that sells counterfeit goods. These can be hard to spot so a little more research can be helpful.
- While shopping online, make sure the internet connection you are using is secure. Do not use public Wifi in public places, such as coffee shops, airport terminals and shopping centers. Public Wifi is often unsecure. Cyber criminals can access any information you send while connected to these networks. Remember that your ordinary mobile data is more secure than the public Wi-Fi.
- Keep yourself safe online. Make sure your software and anti-virus protection is up-to-date. Always choose a strong password for your online accounts, using a combination of lower case, upper case, numbers and special characters. This will help protect you and your devices from scammers and cyber criminals.
- Always guard your personal information. Remember that no shopping website should ever need your Social Security Number. If a site requires you to share very personal information, just run in the other direction.
Happy Holidays and enjoy your shopping…online
Gift giving and holiday shopping is just a part of the holiday experience. As always, remember to guard yourself from online scams during the busiest season of the year. For more about online and credit card safety, visit leapmanagedit.com today.
Leap Managed IT guide to keep Kids Safe in the Internet
The Internet can be a good source of knowledge, information and entertainment, the struggle is with online safety for families. Today, as most classes will be online and people are working from home, the internet is playing a vital role in connecting us to the world. It allows us to achieve something in the comfort of our homes or anywhere convenient. While the internet can be describe as a wonderful place, let us always remember that it can also be dangerous for kids. In this article, find tips for online safety for families. By keeping in mind these tips, you will be able to protect kids and keep your family safe online.
Comparing to the past, children of today are quite lucky to have access to most information today. Laptops, desktop computers, tablets and smart devices have become a part of their daily lives. These gadgets are common at home and in schools. As parents, while we are glad for all these technology changes also have the responsibility to keep them safe online.
Here are some tips to keep your kids safe in the internet:
- Educate your children. Let them know the dangers when clicking wrong links and visiting wrong sites. Encourage your kids to ask help if they see something unusual on the web. Install security software that will help the children prevent from clicking dangerous websites.
- Use a password management system. Passwords serve as the main defense most people have against hackers. It is very common for passwords to be short and easy to remember and on top of all that, passwords are often re-used. By using a password management system, your defense against hackers will improve. Password management systems help you remember your unique passwords for all of your accounts.
- Know the value of online privacy. Nowadays, more and more apps require collecting personal information and data. A number of apps have privacy policies that talk about how they collect and will use their consumer’s personal data for their marketing and advertising strategies. Oftentimes, users overlook these privacy policies. It is important to be mindful and remember to be careful when inputting our personal information on the web.
- Share only the necessary data. It is important to be mindful when sharing personal information on social media. When posting personal milestones and events in social media, make sure to share only the necessary data. Posting your current location, as well as your identification card are examples of personal information that can be very attractive to hackers.
Public WiFi and Unused Accounts
- Avoid public Wi-Fi. If possible, avoid public Wi-Fi networks shared by many. Children may not know about the dangers of public Wi-Fi, so it is important to look over them in such situation. To go private when using public Wi-Fi, it is possible to install a VPN.
- Close unused accounts. Unused accounts may also contain personal information such as your full name, phone number, and birth date. Cyber criminals can access this information. It is a common occurrence for kids to create multiple accounts on one website. It would work best for a parent to overlook these accounts and close the ones unused.
These are some of the important tips to remember to be safe in the internet. It will need the parents supervision and monitoring, to make sure that the children are shielded from the dangers of being online. Yes, the internet can provide great deal of knowledge, we just need to filter them appropriately. For more ridiculously helpful tips and reminders follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/leapmit/. For your Managed IT Services and Copier/Printing needs, visit www.leapmanagedit.com
Are you prepared?
Have you ever wondered what is going to happen to your business if a fire breaks out? Or maybe a water leakage problem at the building? Are you ready and have a backup plan to keep your business safe in the event of a of natural disaster? Every organization needs a good business continuity plan that will keep it running through interruptions. The importance of having such, is that you and your employees are prepared and will know what to do. At last, we should learn from others past mistakes and be able to recover fast from disruptive events.
Did you know that prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, only 25% of companies had the infrastructure in place to work remotely? To date, only a few percentage have successfully implemented work from home policies. This setback is a testament that reveals the capabilities of organizations during these times. Therefore, it is high time for organizations to prioritize and focus on a business continuity plan.
In order to have a strong business foundation, it is important to realize and have a concrete action plan for “what-if” times. Therefore, there should be a more comprehensive approach on what to do so that the business will not suffer severe loss.
Business Continuity Plan
There are 4 important phases in planning your organizations business continuity plans and strategies. They are as follows:
- Business Impact Analysis- This is the phase where you will assess potential impacts that could harm the flow of your business.
- Recovery Strategies- Always plan and be able to identify potential threats that can disrupt your business. Document all requirements to have a smooth implementation.
- Plan Development- Create a framework and develop a plan in case of disruption or disaster. It is also important to create an IT disaster recovery plan and document them at all times.
- Testing and Exercise- Test and practice the layout of the entire plan to make sure it will work. This is the best time to improve on areas that are not feasible.
IT Recovery Plan
Businesses and organizations today rely on technology. Imagine what happens when you do not have an IT recovery plan. Losing important data and longer downtime are just some of the drawbacks. Oftentimes, we do not want talk about unfortunate events. Therefore, we can start business continuity planning through outlining the worst-case scenario. This will enable us to prepare and know what to do. Data Back-up and Recovery is one of the specializations of Leap Managed IT. They can provide assistance to make sure that you do not compromise your data security, decrease productivity and minimize loss through upgraded systems and processes. For more about business continuity, data back up and recovery visit www.leapmanagedit.com
Managed IT Services
Emerging technologies and changes in the way we conduct businesses today can disrupt the flow of how our businesses should normally run. That is the reason why most business owners and organizations seek help of a trusted technology advisor. For businesses to survive, they need embrace technology. Collaborating with a Managed IT Services provider will make this entire shift easier.
Leveraging in technology and aligning your business goals by creating an IT Master Plan is what makes Leap Managed IT stand out from the rest. Their commitment to elevate the quality of your business with the help of technology is by far their greatest strength. While it is true that there are many Managed IT Services Providers, finding the one you can trust remains a challenge.
How to Find a Reputable MSP
It is frustrating when technology is working against you rather than the opposite. Spending so much money and wasting too much time can greatly reduce productivity and decrease profit. Finding a reputable Managed IT Service provider will give you and your business the edge.
It is always an advantage when your Managed IT Service partner has an extensive experience in the industry. One that can provide 24/7 support regardless of what type of business or industry you belong to. IT needs may vary for each industry. They should understand the intricacies of managing important data and value its safety.
Before hiring a managed IT service provider, take time to assess their skills and expertise to support your business. Keep in my mind that they will become your partners in reaching your business goal.
Leap Managed IT Services Indianapolis has been in the business for over 90 years. They have evolved over generations into Indy’s IT experts. They are well recognized and have loyal customers under their IT management. These clients belong to different industries such as medical and dental, manufacturing, government and many others. Hence, their IT experts and the company’s dedication to provide support, in all levels make them a cut above the rest. Their Managed IT Services plus copier and printing support is a one stop shop for all your IT needs. Through years of service and commitment, they have become the most trusted technology advisor today. Feel empowered and confident with your IT. Grow and build your business with LEAP. For more details visit: leapmanagedit.com